WHAT'S NEW IN VFE VERSION 1.2x?
We have listened to your requests and have added some great new features to improve your CCS Cards Virtual Facilitation Sessions.
Great news for global VFE users!
Before we jump into it's great new features, we are really pleased to share that this new release fixes the situation which sometimes caused the VFE to repeatedly try to update when used on a computer with a base language other than English. Unfortunately this has been preventing some of our international users from enjoying VFE fun!
We have also fixed and updated the same issue on the CCS VFE Cards and CCS Vision Pack mobile apps so that you can be confident that all of your global participants can join your VFE sessions.
Get the new version
FREE to existing users
Existing VFE Application Account holders will shortly receive a download link for the new version.
If you do not yet have a CCS Cards VFE Account, you can GET STARTED TODAY from just $65 (one-time purchase, no subscription required).
1. Add “ALL” to the Collection
“Is there a way to add everyone’s card to the Collection in one go?”
You can now add all cards on the Participants Board to the Collection by selecting “Add All To Collection” from the Manage drop-down menu. This includes participant’s cards and cards you may have manually added.
And, for the times where you just want to add all of an individual participant’s card choices to the Collection at once, we have added an “Add All to Collection” option to the Participant’s icon right-click menu.
2. Zoom and Centre
“What about a quick way to zoom in on a card?”
To quickly zoom in on a particular card, just right-click on it and select “Zoom and Centre”.
The card will immediately take front-and-centre on the VFE screen. This is great for quickly bringing the next discussion point into frame. It also works for Note and Title boxes as well!
3. Better Snaps
“Can the Snaps be a bit higher resolution so that we can read the annotations even on a Participants Board with lots of participants.”
Higher resolution on Snaps
We have increased the resolution of Snaps to improve the readability of Notes text when you've taken a Snap of an entire Board with lots of participants. The files are a bit bigger, but it’s worth it.
Snaps now stored in named folders
To make it easier for you to find your Snaps, the system now creates a special subfolder within the /Documents/CCS Cards/ folder using the name of the Session you created. So, if you start a session called “Big Company Team Values” you will find any snaps for this session in a folder called: /Documents/CCS Cards/Big Company Team Values.
4. Create a Note from an Annotation
“Can we have a way to copy the text from Participant’s annotations so we can use it in the vision notes.”
We have added two ways to do this: Create Note and Copy.
- Right-click on the green annotations icon in the bottom right corner of the card.
- Select either Create Note or Copy.
Selecting Create Note will immediately create a new Note box filled with the annotation text. Selecting Copy will copy the annotation text to the clipboard for pasting in any application.
5. Copy Session ID
“How do I copy the Session ID for pasting?”
We have added a “Copy” button on the Session ID display screen. Clicking this button will copy the Session ID into your clipboard for pasting into VFE Notes or Titles, or any other application such as a chat or email.
6. Paste to Note
If you have some text stored in your clipboard (from the VFE or any other application), right-clicking on a blank area of a Board will now show the option “Paste to Note”. Selecting this option will immediately create a new Note box with the clipboard text.
7. Cards Centred in Participant Frames
Participant card choices are now centred in participant frames when they are first placed and after a Refresh Selection. This looks more balanced when participants have less than 5 cards and is particularly good when you ask participants to reduce their choices and see them nicely centred upon Refresh.
8. How-To Screens show current pack
How-to Screens now show the actual vision pack that has been chosen for the Session. This ensures that your instructions to your participants always match the vision pack they have displayed on their mobile device.
- Fixed the situation which sometimes caused the VFE to repeatedly try to update when used on a computer with a base language other than English preventing use of the App. Also fixed and updated the same issue on the CCS VFE Cards and CCS Vision Pack mobile apps.
- Improved scaling for UHD screens to ensure proportional display of graphic elements and labels
- Fixed rare appearance of a duplicate card when some sessions were resumed or reviewed. (Did not interfere with VFE workings and card could easily be deleted).
- Fixed rare appearance of the purple “In Collection” icon in the bottom left corner of a card that had once been in the Collection, and subsequently removed. (Did not interfere with VFE workings as the card was not actually shown as being in the Collection).