Start a new Session or Resume or Review a Previous Session
The Manage Sessions screen is the central control point for creating and revisiting VFE Sessions.
> Start New Session
Click the “Start new session” + tile to create a new VFE Session.
> Session Settings
To start a new Session:
- Participant Passes (PPs): check that there are enough PPs in the account to allow the number of participants you intend to have join the session. A VFE Session can have a maximum of 20 participants.
- Session Title: Give the Session a name for easy recall — this is not seen by participants.
- Facilitator Display Name: Provide a first and last name that will be displayed as the name of the facilitator. This will be pre-filled with the names in the Account Profile.
- Choose a Vision Pack for the Session: highlight one of the available Vision Packs for the Session. This will be the pack that is activated on participant’s CCS VFE Cards mobile App when they join the Session.
- Shuffle? Select whether the pack should be shuffled before opening or left in standard pack order. If shuffle is on, each participant’s pack on their mobile device will be in a random order. Checked by default.
- Enable (or disable) joining and sharing on start. This is checked by default, meaning that participants can immediately join a session once you provide them with a Session ID. You can easily turn sharing and joining on and off from within the session.
- Click “Start session”.
Session Settings cannot be changed once the Session has been started.
> Previous Sessions
Scroll through Previous Sessions tiles using a click-and-drag motion with a mouse or by clicking the purple left/right arrows.
Each Session tile identifies:
- Name of Session
- Session ID
- Vision Pack used (deck)
- Number of Participants
- Status: number of hours remaining before expiry
Hovering over a Session tile brings up a button with either “Resume” or “Review”.
> Resuming a Session
Resuming a session retrieves the last state of the session and retrieves the last shared update from participants, and allows new participants to join (up to the maximum of 20 participants). All normal functionality is available in a Resumed Session.
A session can be resumed up until 48 hours from when it was started. After this time, the option to Resume is replaced by Review.
> Reviewing a Session
When a session has changed to Review mode, the facilitator can still edit elements such as notes, titles and card placements and produce Snaps for distribution, but participants can no longer join. Reviewing is useful for completing activities such as tightening a vision on the Big Board at a later time, or just for presenting results.